|Prolong is the only engine treatment company to offer a Lifetime Limited Product Engine Warranty and also has the most generous eligibility requirements of any engine treatment warranty available. A vehicle less than 10 years old, with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer may be registered.Just purchase the 12-ounce size of Prolong Engine Treatment and add it to your vehicle’s crankcase (the same opening where you pour in motor oil), complete the warranty registration form that comes inside the package and mail it in.
You will receive a letter of thanks from Prolong, with a renewal form to use with your next application. Once registered, the warranty may be continued for as long as you own the vehicle, just by adding 8-ounce Engine Treatment Booster within every 6,000 miles or six months — whichever comes first — and mailing in the renewal form.
Welcome to the growing family of smart Prolong users who benefit by treating their engine with Prolong at least twice a year and have the confidence the Prolong Lifetime Warranty provides: The Ultimate In Protection & Performance®
See below to read the actual warranty. Click here for Prolong’s Frequently Asked Questions about the warranty.
This Limited Product Warranty is issued by GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc. (“GoldenWest”) to the original Consumer (“Consumer” or “You”) who purchases and properly installs, or has properly installed, Prolong Engine Treatment and who otherwise satisfies the terms and conditions of this Warranty. The term “Warranty” refers to this Prolong Engine Treatment Limited Product Warranty. The term “Product” refers to Prolong Engine Treatment and, for purposes of Warranty renewal (renewal terms and conditions may be found on the reverse side), to (“Vehicle”), as identified by the Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) on the Warranty Registration Card, for the specified duration of Consumer’s ownership or lease period of the Vehicle.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc. agrees, at its option and expense, to repair or replace, at Reasonable Cost, any of the following part(s) or component(s) that experiences a Breakdown as a direct primary result of a lubrication-related failure while the Product is properly installed: piston and piston rings, crankshaft and main bearings, rocker arm and pivots, rod and rod bearings, distributor drive gear, timing gears or sprockets, valve heads and valve springs, valve lifters, stems and guides, wrist pins and bushings, cylinder linings and bores, oil pump, oil pan, push rods, keepers and retainers, camshaft and bearings, cam follower and balancer, all internal lubricated parts of the block and head, and seals and gaskets if required to be replaced during repairs of covered parts.
“Breakdown” occurs when a covered part/component is damaged and can no longer perform the function for which it was designed. The “Reasonable Cost” of repair or replacement will include the cost of labor as determined by the lesser of the national average cost for similar repairs or the cost for labor as published in national flat rate manual(s) in effect as of the date the labor is performed. Parts/components that have experienced a Breakdown may be replaced, at GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc.’s sole option, with used, rebuilt, remanufactured or new parts/components. When the cost of repairing a part/component, including labor, exceeds the cost of replacing the part/component, GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc. reserves the right to pay or reimburse Consumer for replacement based on the cost for used, rebuilt, or remanufactured parts/components not to exceed the liability limits of this Warranty .
(back to top)
HOW STATE LAW RELATES TO THIS WARRANTY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY APPLICABLE IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE SAME DURATION AS THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. GOLDENWEST LUBRICANTS, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY IS AVAILABLE TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
CRITERIA FOR VEHICLES TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR COVERAGE BY THIS WARRANTY
- Must have 100,000 miles or less and reflected on the original odometer setting at the time of the Product’s initial installation.
- Must be of current or previous nine (9) model years at time of the initial installation of the Product. January 1st shall be considered the model year change date for determining eligibility under this Warranty.
- Must be privately owned or leased by Consumer and must have a valid and intact manufacturer’s VIN.
- Must be a passenger car, sport utility vehicle, van or lightweight pick-up truck weighing 6,000 lbs. or less. This Warranty shall not apply to motor homes or any other vehicle not specifically identified above.
- Must not be modified or altered from the Vehicle manufacturer’s original specifications.
- Must not have ever been used for emergency, racing, competition, commercial, livery, delivery, military, off-road or agricultural purposes, or in any manner not recommended by the Vehicle’s manufacturer.
- Must not have ever been titled or branded as salvage, junk, rebuilt, totaled or flood or fire damaged.
(back to top)
WHAT CONSUMER MUST DO FOR THIS WARRANTY TO APPLY
- Purchase and properly install, or have properly installed, the Product in the Vehicle. It is recommended that Prolong Transmission Treatment and Prolong Fuel System Treatment or Prolong Fuel System Cleanser also be installed, but they are not required for coverage under this Warranty. For this Warranty to apply, Consumer must not use any other oil additive or engine treatment during the term of this Warranty.
- Provide all information on the “Warranty Registration Form,” below, separate it from this Warranty and attach the original retail receipt and UPC Bar Code from the product package, or the itemized invoice showing purchase and installation of the Product by a mechanic, service station, dealer or oil change facility, and mail within 30 calendar days of purchase to:
GoldenWest Warranty Administrator, 1937 Mount Vernon Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768-3312.
- Use the proper motor oil specified in the owner’s manual for the Vehicle. Perform all maintenance service, including replacement of oil filter, air filter and fuel filter in accordance with the Vehicle manufacturer’s specifications and recommended schedule. Oil changes must be done at least every 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
- Maintain records establishing proper motor oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter replacement, and proof of all maintenance service performed in accordance with the Vehicle manufacturer’s recommended schedule. Records sufficient to establish proper repair, maintenance, and purchase shall consist of receipts and service records for Vehicle.
- If applicable, properly renew the Warranty according to the instructions stated in the section below entitled “Renewal Period.”
WARRANTY AND RENEWAL TERMS
WHAT THE RENEWAL PERIOD OF COVERAGE IS
Initial Period: This Warranty will become effective only when the Vehicle has been driven 1,000 miles since the time of initial installation of the Product, as indicated by the odometer reading provided by Consumer on the Warranty Registration Card, and when 30 calendar days have lapsed from the date of initial installation of the Product. If the Product is not reapplied as required for renewal of this Warranty, the initial term of this Warranty will expire at 6,000 miles or six (6) months from the date of initial installation of the Product, whichever occurs first.
Renewal Period: This Warranty may be renewed for as long as Consumer owns or leases the Vehicle. Any renewal term of this Warranty will expire at 6,000 miles or six (6) months from the date of the most recent installation of the Product, whichever occurs first. The 1,000-mile/30 day initial waiting period is waived for any renewal period.
(back to top)
|HOW TO RENEW THIS WARRANTY
- Reinstall the Product by properly installing, or having properly installed, the appropriate volume of the 8 oz. product (less than original 12-ounce application), sold as “Prolong Engine Treatment Booster.” Installation of Prolong Engine Treatment Booster is recommended with every oil change, but must be installed within 6 months or 6,000 miles of previous installation, whichever occurs first for Warranty renewal. Renewal can also be accomplished by reinstalling the 12 oz. size of the Engine Treatment Product if Consumer chooses.
- Notify Warranty Administrator of Warranty renewal within 10 calendar days of reinstallation of the Product. Consumer must mail to GoldenWest Warranty Administrator: 1937 Mount Vernon Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768-3312 (a) the original receipt from retail purchase and the UPC Bar Code from the Product packaging, or the itemized invoice showing installation of the Product by a mechanic, service station, dealer or oil change facility, and (b) a card or letter with Consumer’s name, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), date and odometer reading at the time of reapplication of the Product, and the Warranty Contract Number (shaded letters/numbers in the upper right comer of the front side of this Warranty.
This Warranty applies only to the Consumer and Vehicle listed on the initial Warranty Registration Card and is not transferable. This Warranty shall expire immediately if Consumer is granted a refund on the purchase of the Product.
(back to top)
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Pre-existing conditions or damage to Vehicle, or a Vehicle which is inoperable when the Product is first installed.
- Any Breakdown caused by negligence, intentional abuse or misuse, lack of scheduled maintenance as recommended by the Vehicle’s manufacturer or improper servicing or from failure to protect the Vehicle from further damage when a Breakdown has occurred.
- Design and/or manufacturing defects in any Vehicle manufacturer’s listed part, or damage or defect caused by parts not listed by the Vehicle manufacturer.
- Any part(s) or component(s) not specifically listed above as a covered part or component under this Warranty.
- Any Breakdown resulting from collision or accident, road hazard, overheating, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, freezing, rust corrosion, windstorm, hail water or flood, salt, environmental conditions, chemicals, contamination of fluids, fuels, coolants or lubricants, or acts of God.
- Any repair or replacement of any covered part/component if a Breakdown has not occurred, failure of a part/component is due to normal wear (gradual reduction in operating performance), or wear on that part/component has not exceeded the published field tolerances allowed by the Vehicle or part/component manufacturer.
- Any loss if the odometer has stopped, is tampered with or altered in any way, or the actual mileage cannot be determined.
- Bolts and fasteners, freon, fluids, shop supplies, hazardous waste disposal, maintenance items, adjustments, alignments, tune-ups, diagnostics, seals and gaskets resulting in fluid leaks, freight, state and local taxes.
- Any damage or Breakdown that occurs to the Vehicle outside of the United States of America.
- Any damage or Breakdown due to failure to maintain motor oil or engine coolant at levels recommended by the Vehicle manufacturer or improper maintenance that leads to sludge build-up or lubricant blockage.
LIMITS ON GOLDENWEST’S LIABILITY
The aggregate limit of liability for a claim or claims related to a Vehicle is $1,500.00 (U.S.). In no event shall the payment of any claim exceed the fair market value of the Vehicle at the time of the claim. The fair market value of the Vehicle shall not exceed the value as set forth in that edition of the NADA Used Car Guide which is in effect on the date of the claim’s presentation. Should a claim otherwise covered by this Warranty also fall within the scope of coverage provided to Consumer by the Vehicle manufacturer’s original or extended warranty, or any other warranty, service agreement or service contract (“Other Applicable Warranty”), the remedies provided under such Other Applicable Warranty shall be Consumer’s exclusive remedy. Consumer shall be responsible for the payment of any deductible associated with any Other Applicable Warranty.
(back to top)
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY
In the event Consumer believes that he/she may be entitled to repair or replacement of part(s) or component(s) under this Warranty, Consumer must:
- Take the Vehicle to a state-licensed repair facility.
- Call or have the repair facility call GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc.’s Warranty Administrator at 1-800-540-5823 to register your claim. Provide Consumer’s Warranty number to the Warranty Administrator.
- Follow all instructions provided by the Warranty Administrator.
- Provide to GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc.’s Warranty Claims Administrator information substantiating compliance with the terms of this Warranty and other information or documentation requested, including but not limited to records establishing compliance with repair and maintenance requirements of this Warranty.
IMPORTANT: No repairs or machine work are to be started, or damaged parts discarded, until the damage and/or failure is diagnosed and the work is registered with GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc.’s Warranty Administrator.
WHAT GOLDENWEST LUBRICANTS INC., WILL DO IF CONSUMER’S CLAIM IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY
After receipt by GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc.’s Warranty Administrator of all information and/or documentation requested in support of Consumer’s claim under this Warranty, or after 30 calendar days have elapsed from the time the Warranty Administrator requested such information and/or documentation from Consumer, GoldenWest will make a determination as to whether or not Consumer’s claim is covered by this Warranty, and will notify Consumer of that decision by mail. If GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc. determines that Consumer’s claim is covered by this Warranty, GoldenWest will send Consumer a check for the amount determined by GoldenWest to be due Consumer under this Warranty.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (OPTIONAL)
In the event consumer disagrees with the warranty determination made by GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc., or in any way related to this warranty, its interpretation, performance or breach, GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc. or consumer may, but is not required to request to negotiate, mediate, or arbitrate the dispute.
Any suit, actions or proceedings arising out of or in any way related to this warranty, its interpretation, performance or breach arising in connection with this Warranty shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the appropriate State court located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California apply California Law.
©2016 GoldenWest Lubricants, Inc. Pomona, CA 91768-3321
KEEP THIS WARRANTY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
Form # 90021.A. Rev. 01/08
(back to top)